September 23, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday (9/23/1012 edition)...

Happy Autumn everyone.  Can ya believe it?  The older I get, the more Autumn becomes my favorite time of the year.  Sure hoping that isn't a metaphor for where I am in life or anything.  I'm just gonna go with the idea that  I can finally take out my boots and sweaters to wear.  And college football, and new episodes of my television shows, and I get the house back all to myself during the day.  Oh...and candles.  I love burning candles.  And boots...did I mention that already?  It's worth repeating.  BOOTS!!!!!

Okay, on to the first Scavenger Hunt of boot season Autumn.  This week's prompts are:  Fallen, Ordinary Color, Cracked, Bokeh, and Fence.  Seriously...no "boots" prompt????


1.  Fallen


"Piled High"

Yeah, yeah, yeah...work with me here folks.  They didn't exactly fall to the floor into this neat pile.  BUT...they are "plopped" on the floor due to the following prompt, which is:



2.  Ordinary Color




To some, it may only look like an ordinary shade of gray.  BUT it is "Chelsea Gray",  AND the new color of my living room/reading room.  I picked it because...


...it matches my Better-Half oh so well :).  Thanks for painting our living room sweetie!  You did a totally awesome job.  And I'm sorry I am so anal such a perfectionist.  I highly doubt that has ANYTHING to do with your distinguished hair color...I think....okay maybe...just a bit.  Did I mention you did a great job? Next time I will just leave you alone and go out and buy some boots, okay?


"50 Shades of Gray"



3.  Cracked



Maybe not EXACTLY cracked...but "deeply grooved" none the less.  Again, hopefully not a metaphor for where I am in life.



4.  Bokeh-licious


"Some See Only Wet Grass"
(linked to:  Your Sunday Best)

 I admit I have been having clandestine rendevous' with the morning dew.  And I admit, the neighbors probably think I'm bit of a whack-a-doodle.



5.  Fence


"No Trespassing"
State College, PA
(linked to:  Simple Things Sunday)

For those who frequent my blog, I mentioned last week that I got caught trespassing with "James Dean" while Thing #3 laughed at me in the car.  Well, here is the result of my "Thelma and Louise" moment (and by "Louise" I REALLY mean "Pollyanna" sitting in the car).  Sometimes...it's just worth the risk....AND being caught.



Annnnnd, that's a wrap.  Hope everyone is enjoying this first beauuuuuutiful weekend of Fall.  As always, if you get the chance I really hope you hop on over to Ashley's Ramblings and Photos to check out all the other Scavenger Hunt Sunday submissions.


--Kathy

linked to:   Scavenger Hunt SundayYour Sunday BestSimple Things Sunday


44 comments:

  1. Fabulous photos, but what I love most is that you call Autumn "boot season." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these...and I had some "interesting" interpretations this week as well! Keeps us creative! That fence pic was totally worth getting caught. It gives you that sense of just how far the open land stretches! I got caught once taking a pic of someone's walkway...just cause I thought the stones were so pretty...told the lady of the house {with the inquiring mind} that I had some masonry work that needed doing, and wanted to show my husband how hers looked. She was so flattered she forgot to be annoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been waiting to see where you got caught trespassing. It was well worth it! Beautiful photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the field of yellow in your fence picture...and the story behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I first saw the books I thought yeah! someone else falls asleep while reading, then I read the caption, oh well still just me then. I love both your cracked photo and fence.

    -Kate @ ramblingsfromutopia.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love love love!! simply love - there I said it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them all, but your bokeh really is delicious and I love, love the fence - thank you for trespassing, it was worth it! ; ) As for boots and sweaters . . . what are those? I'll be lucky to put my shorts away before football season is over in November!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to tell you up front I can't choose from these. All so cleverly interpretated, photographed and commented on. Thanks for the viewing - so enjoyable as always.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these images but I love your musings along side them. As for trespassing...I seem to spend a lot of my time sneaking in to places I shouldn't to take images but my defence is it is all in the name of 'art' ;)

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is lucky that the fence doesn't block the good view.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great fence picture Kathy. Have a nice weekend.

    Greetings,
    Filip

    ReplyDelete
  12. Truly fabulous pictures. I love you bokeh and I know what you mean about neighbours thinking you're whack-a-doodle. I can often be found lying on my front lawn snapping pictures.

    Herding Cats

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love love love your photos! Simply beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  14. Every one of these photos is beautiful. Love the paintbrush and gray is "the" color right now. I bought a can of gray paint which is still waiting to be applied to something.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for taking the risk so that we could see the fence picture. Beautiful! And you did an excellent job with Bokeh.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is sooo bokeh-licious! Love the new color too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Alright - you "cracked" me up ...... again.
    Love your little insert of 50 Shades....too funny.
    Your whole set amazes me - as usual!
    Happy fall - love it too, & NO it has nothing to do with where we are in life!

    ReplyDelete
  18. lol, you always make me smile - your photos are wonderful! We also just painted our family room...it looks so pretty! It sure needed it. I agree with you on fall being boot season...I can't wait to wear mine! That fence photo was worth the trespassing...gorgeous! And so is the bokeh image - wow.

    ReplyDelete
  19. To funny.. You have me smiling at my computer once again.. Love your photo. But what "NO BOOTS"..

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  20. Usually we take a picture of a great hairstyle and color and ask them to make you hair look like that. You, however, took your better half to the paint store and asked them to match his hair color. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've yet to get caught tresspassing. I try to be careful on that, but there are times you just HAVE to. Getting scolded was totally worth that fence shot. 50 Shades of Gray, you're too funny. I wish your husband was here so I could go out and buy boots and not have to do the damn painting myself....Um. "Rice Grain". You and I should work together naming paints. and we should be drinking red wine while we do it. Imagine! Have a great day Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  22. your fence is my favorite. what a beautiful scene!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful set - I love how you photographed ordinary color and fence.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh always fun to visit here...your interpretations are fun this week. Your husband's 50 shades look like Toby's (the dog)but I am not painting a room to match (hee hee). The fence shot is WONDERFUL. Always enjoy reading your antics.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh lordy. Good thing you're clear across the country. I can smell jail time. LOL. I tell my friend "no trespassing" is a suggestion, not an order. Love fence and bokeh. So so pretty. Happy week Kathy. I know college football isn't going how you would like, but when the wins begin again, how sweet it will be.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, painting! Happy for the upgrade and happy when the job is done. We need to paint/stain the deck this fall. I like the colors and your angle on the pumpkin and fence pictures.

    Great opening,Kathy, I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wonderful set! And I so enjoy your humor! I think you and I would get along just swimmingly if we ever met in person. Maybe it is a Pennsylvania thang. :) Yay for new paint! After helping a friend paint her whole house, I'm kinda sorta thinking about re-painting my living room. Enjoy those new boots!!! (when you get them)

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOL! Boots! Go get the boots instead of hanging around the paint shop, girl! :)

    Love the fence shot. xo

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your last three shots! They are fantastic. I especially love the pumpkin and your grassy bokeh.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hooray for helpful hubbies! Leaves you more time for photo sessions and boot shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  31. These were fun - love the fence, so worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow! I love all of these and the text that goes with each of them. Could this be any more fun? Only if there had been a jail picture after the fence shot! I'm glad you are safe. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your husband was the perfect painter for the job, if any splattered on his hair you wouldn't see it! Wasn't our weekend gorgeous!?

    ReplyDelete
  34. Super Set.
    I think your Bokeh and your Fence shots are taking top honors for me this week.
    How wonderful of your hubby to paint for you.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love them all but my favorite was the fence shot.

    ReplyDelete
  36. The fence is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing at Your Sunday Best this week, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love your pumpkin. I have been looking everywhere for some that are not orange.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love your interpretations Kathy. They fence shot rules!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love you b/c you make me laugh!!! you very funny! =) oh... not in a weird way or anything... ha ha ha
    I LOVE all your pics... but the James Dean rebel without a cause capture is by far my fav...
    be still my heart! ;) I would love to go out "shooting" with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. You are crazy! Fifty shades of Gray! Lmao! I ♥it though. The fence scenery is a beautiful shot. Well worth trespassing for.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I loved this post! Not only are your pictures beautiful, but you really cracked me up with all those non-meatphors and trespassing. I only laugh because I can truly relate. Sometimes, I get really brave and daring and trespass,but just a little. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Your photos are beautiful Kathy, thank you so much for sharing! I'd love to feature your image "No Trespassing" in my simple things roundup tomorrow! It's our 100th party and I would love to celebrate with 100+ link ups so spread the word and come share your talents with us! :) See you there! Rebecca

    ReplyDelete